Introduction!

Hello! My name is Olivia Erodotou, I am sixteen years old! I love music, mostly Indie/Rock music, so the bands/artists and their gigs I will be talking about will be based around that genre.
I don't have a favourite band or artist, but I love bands such as Arctic Monkeys, The Stone Roses, Haim and The Beatles. Sadly I haven't seen The Beatles or The Stone Roses, but I am determind to see The Stone Roses more than anything! I have been lucky enough to see many other bands and artists, including Arctic Monkeys and Haim, which were more than amazing! I am also seeing Arctic Monkeys twice this year (at Finsbury Park and Leeds Festival) which I am very excited for.

I am in a band myself, called Harbour. It is a three piece band with two female guitarists (Myself and Lucy Toolan) and a male drummer (George Fairbrother.) I love every minute of being in a band, from the song writing to practises to gigs, but being good friends with the band members makes it 10 times better and more fun. My favourite part is doing the gigs, especially after we took part in The Amp Awards Competition! We were lucky enough to make it to the final and perform 3 songs in front of 1000 people at Leeds O2 Academy!  But also because we put a lot of hard work in to write songs and practise, and when we get a good audience and a massive adrenalin rush it makes everything worth it. Without doing too much band promotion...WE ARE PLAYING AT KIRKSTALL FESTIVAL IN LEEDS ON THE 12TH OF JULY AND YOU NEED TO COME BECAUSE THERE IS LOADS OF OTHER GREAT BANDS PLAYING SUCH AS 'HIGHER TIDES' AND 'TWISTED PINEAPPLE.'
I will be writing a post at least once a week so look out for the next one!
See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment