Arctic Monkeys Finsbury Park Review!

On Saturday (24th May), I went to see Arctic Monkeys at Finsbury Park. I go to London a lot to see family but have never been to a concert in Finsbury, one of my favourite bands 'The Stone Roses' played there last year and I was really disappointed to have not been able to see them, so now I am really glad I have seen Arctic Monkeys as well as the support acts Tame Impala, Miles Kane and Royal Blood at an area that is now known for setting up amazing concerts.

I was definitely surprised by the duo band including a bass player/lead singer and a drummer, known as Royal Blood. Before the concert I didn't feel the need to listen to them, even though I actually was impressed by them when watching them play their song called 'Little Monster' on Later Live with Jools Holland. However, seeing them at Arctic Monkeys has made me become a fan and I am genuinely excited to see them next at Leeds Festival. This band are the sort that everyone just naturally nods their heads to, especially the man behind me at the gig who was a bit less nodding and a bit more head banging. Overall, Royal Blood were a really good first act to get the feel for what was to come at the concert.
This is the music video to 'Little Monster'.



The next support act to come on stage was Miles Kane, well know for singing the songs 'Rearrange' and 'Come Closer' but also being in bands such as 'The Rascals' and the duo with Arctic Monkeys' Alex Turner called 'The Last Shadow Puppets'. I was amazed by Miles Kane and thought he was brilliant, I never really listen to him that much but I knew enough of his songs to sing along to, but when he was up there playing, I was shocked at how much better he is on stage that through earphones. He had a ridiculous amount of energy which made the crowd enjoy loads more, he was great at the guitar and looked as if he had a really good relationship with the bassist, guitarist, drummer etc, showing a lot appreciation for them. My definite favourite part of the set was when he played the famous song, 'Sympathy For The Devil' by The Rolling Stones. This is a video from Finsbury Park of Miles Kane singing Give Up/Sympathy For The Devil.



The third and final support act for Arctic Monkeys was one of my favourite bands, Tame Impala. The psychedelic rock band were fantastic and didn't fail to please me. The lead singer, Kevin Parker, had a cold and still sounded great. As well as this, like always, I was mind blown by the bands talent with instruments and especially pedals, I know for a fact I could never be responsible on stage for that many pedals like Kevin Parker. My favourite out of all the songs they played was 'Half Full Glass Of Wine', which sounded amazing. However, I think the daylight didn't do the band justice as I thought that when it is dark and there is loads of lights that enhance the psychedelic feel and also the screens with the patterns they put on specially for Tame Impala, it is so much better as I have seen the band before in a dark tent at last years Leeds Festival, but obviously this wasn't their fault what so ever and even with or without lights, the pleased the audience definitely and I thought they were really good, I was also thinking at the time, if Woodstock was still going Tame Impala would be good for it. This is a video of Tame Impala's song 'Half Full Glass Of Wine' at Finsbury Park.




After all these brilliant acts, came the band we all were here to see, Arctic Monkeys. I've seen them at London O2 Arena three years ago when touring for there 'Suck It And See' album. To say that I genuinely believed no other concert could top that one, its not surprising that the band actually out did themselves. I definitely feel like Finsbury Park helped the band be as good as they were over the two nights. As soon as the song 'Do I Wanna Know?' started and the stage revolved with flashing lights and the wave patterns on the screens, everyone screamed. Like it was at Glastonbury, 'Brianstorm' came on straight after and the crowd knew every word, showing their commitment. My personal favourites on the Saturday were AM's 'I Wanna Be Yours' and 'Fireside' (which is so much better live than on the album), '505' from the 'Favourite Worst Nightmare' album, 'Cornerstone' from the Humbug album and the one that surprised us all was 'Standing Next To Me' by The Last Shadow Puppets which Miles Kane came on for which was a great way to end the show. The whole band had a really smart look to them and really showed the top of their range musically as well. The only problem I thought with the set was that there wasn't enough of the 'Whatever People Say I Am Is What I'm Not' album which would have made the set a good 2 hours which would have been a lot better, other than that, it was phenomenal. These are some videos of the the songs 'I Wanna Be Yours', '505' and 'Standing Next To Me' live at Finsbury Park. I have put the 'Cornerstone' music video on as well as I think it's ace.



 







No comments:

Post a Comment